Digging For Roots

Digging For Roots
In the Deep South

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some of the Stuff

My family would tell you I am hardware challenged. Kitchen tools, bring them on I love to cook; but hammers, saws and all not so much.

I love to "shop" the wonderful places like Pottery Barn, Renovation Hardware...you know the spots. They have such beautiful pieces and rooms that just look awesome but the prices...not in my budget! Enter http://www.knock-offwood.com/. What an amazing blog

Somehow, don't ask 'cause I just don't know, I found Knock-Off-Wood. Love It!! Picked out a few Projects and started talking to hubby. He was not real enthusiactic, we are NOT carpenters. But I kept working on him, talking it up and started showing him some plans.

So I want to make THIS, THIS and THIS. Just need tools.


Mothers Day - If you could have only seen the look on my youngest sons face as I just freaked out when he handed me this:

















I squealed like a girl when I opened it and saw




















Then hubby broke out the big guns




Am I the luckiest Mama or what?! They love me, they love me, they really love me. Now...
This will be my first project. Got to get wood, stain or paint (I'm not sure which), sandpaper, screws, nails, wood glue, wood putty... This might take a while. Especially since hubby says I have to have "adult" supervision when using all sharp tools. He is such a worry-wart.
Wish me luck and Have A Great Day
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments I appreciate each one!