Digging For Roots

Digging For Roots
In the Deep South

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Monday

A day to honor the men and women who have given their lives in service to this great country of ours.



Many of my ancestors have served in one branch or another of The United States military, although I don't know of any that have lost their lives while doing so, their willingness to serve makes me proud.

Here is a list of those that I know of:

Charles Aaron Mathews (b1926 d1974), WWII and Korea, Navy
LLoyd Angevine Cole (b1912 d1982), WWII, Army & Navy
Frank Aloyious Cole (b1880 d?), Spanish American War, Army
Moses Mathews (b1725 d1806 ), gunsmith Revolutionary War for the Colonial Army
Jonathan James Milner (b1831 d1910), Civil War Confederacy
Capt John Milner (b1746 d1812), SC Militia


              




~ Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments I appreciate each one!